Cameronians (Scottish Rifles) 50th Anniversary
The Regimental Trust was wound up in 2015 and with it all vestiges of and formal links with the Regiment, The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles), ended.
The Cameronians, the 26th of Foot were raised on 14 May 1689. The Perthshire Light Infantry, the 90th of Foot were raised in 1794 and joined with the Cameronians in 1881 to form The Cameronians (Scottish Rifles).
Ex Cameronians will no doubt individually or in groups wish to take part in commemorative events but they will do so as private individuals and do not and will not represent the Regiment in any formal way.
The Regimental Collection of artefacts and archives is in the ownership of South Lanarkshire Council (SLC). All questions regarding the Regiment or anyone who served in it should be addressed to SLC at the `Museum' - see: www.sllccameronians.co.uk
Major Brian A S Leishman MBE - Chairman
Major John Craig TD DL
Major Ian D Farquharson
Major J Guy Maxwell TD
Major Philip R Grant - Hon Secretary & Treasurer
See the Address by Major Philip Grant - delivered the occasion of the 40th Anniversary of the Disbandment of the Ist Battalion at St Brides Church, Douglas, 11th May 2008
Brief History - http://www.cameronians.org/brief-history/
The Disbandment - http://www.cameronians.org/brief-history/index.html#disbanding
ON THE 13TH MAY 2018
The Cameronians (SR) and Family Members Organisation celebrated the 50th Anniversary of disbandment at Douglas.
Additional Photos available at Cameronians Friends & Family Association (Spanglefish)
ON THE 14TH MAY 2018
The Officers celebrated the 50th Anniversary of disbandment at Edinburgh.
Pictures courtesy Mrs Ruth Murray - additional pictures at Scottish Field (July Edition)
Further information and photos can be found at the following links:
The Cameronian Friends & Families Association
Cameronian Day 2018